Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Tira, Millie's Ancestor

Tira was a very good dog. She was a Golden Retriever/ Irish Setter mix. She was the runt of her family, same with Millie, and was VERY hyper. She also was very fast. She would fetch any ball you throw for her, even if it went into a river with strong currents. Her favorite place to be was our cabin in Aitkin, Minnesota. There was a lake that she tried to catch fish in. She never did. I feel bad for the neighbors dog though because when it tried to fish the fish were all under her. The neighbors dog's name is jessie. Tira died last summer. There was a tumor in her stomach, starving her. We didn't wan't her to die in pain so we put her to sleep. Her last day at the cabin was on the 4th of July. I hope she enjoyed her last day there. In Tira's early years she jumped off a cliff and broke 2 ribs Please learn from her mistakes. Do not jump off cliffs. But actually I'm going to do that, because I'm curious. Be back soon.

3 comments:

  1. Asher,

    I love that your blog is about dogs! I love dogs, especially goldens :) I had three golden retreivers as a kid growing up too. Two of them also had similar experiences with tumors and were needed to be put to sleep, it can be very hard.

    What were your favorite things to do with her? Did you take her for long walks play fetch?

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite thing to do with Tira was to fetch. Sorry that some of your dogs had tumors to. Thank you for commenting.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice posting.. thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete